The Beginner DJ Blog
DJ Mix of the Day: Element – Escape from Reality (June 2011)
I don’t always listen to Progressive Psytrance but when I do I have extremely picky tastes. Don’t ask me why but Prog. Psy never really sat well with me as it first began to develop because far too many DJ’s tried to play the same, tired mix structure as you’d here in normal Trance genres.
But then I found Escape from Reality by Escape.
Element (Marco Lisa) removes the traditional gimmicks of mixing progressive and lets the music ride. His song selection layers upon the next making for an entirely enjoyable set.
My only wish would be for slightly heavier tracks but that’s just me because addition of these would have messed with the flow and vibe of the mix.
Element did a great job with this mix; it’s perfect for a sunny afternoon when you’re hanging around, in the music mood and want something that’ll get your feet moving.
Alright, enough of my blabbing. Check out the mix of the day:
Also, be sure to check out Element on Facebook. Show him some love.
About the Author - Muxx
- 12 Websites That Teach You How To DJ
- The 10 Best Rave Movies of All Time
- The Beginner DJ Equipment Guide: Building Your First DJ Setup
- How To Beat Match
- The Monster List of Free Electronic Music Production Tutorials
- Top 5 Digital DJ Controllers under $300
- How To DJ: Basic DJ Equipment Guide
- The Types of DJs
- A Basic Guide To Club Drugs
- How To DJ: DJ Headphones